Other:Malware-gen [Trj] malicious programs is detect as a Trjan horse virus that aims to drop other malware files on the infected computer. Availability of Other:Malware-gen [Trj] in your system can cause maximum damage because it open backdoor to allow remote access of your computer to many other malware infection and cyber crooks too.
The main purpose of this Trojan is to deploy other malicious infection such as ransomware, keylogger, browser hijacker etc. which has a payload on the target system. The Trojan virus program is able to update itself and download files on your infected computer. Malware authors have designed it specifically for a Trojan horse to when and where to download malicious software and files from remote server. However, it is noted that Other:Malware-gen [Trj] is a very dangerous type of malware and to ensure the safety of your personal identifiable, credit card numbers, account logging details, passwords or other sensitive financial and confidential information you should remove Other:Malware-gen [Trj] infection from your computer.
Other:Malware-gen [Trj] Trojan virus can enter into inside your computer as an attachment file along with Spam email which has distributed by cyber criminals. It can also infect your computer if you have downloaded such freeware or shareware which comes bundled with this virus. So the users are recommended to verify additional program while downloading free stuffs from Internet and avoid opening of Spam email. With these two methods of infiltration, Other:Malware-gen [Trj] can also infect your computer by using any infected external media like pen drive, memory card, external USB hard disc etc. if once the Trojan get activation on your computer. It also know about all the security loop holes and possible vulnerabilities to inject the malicious programs into online Internet users. Some common methods are as follows.
- It comes bundled with several free of cost and frequently downloaded software products.
- By opening Spam emails or attachments received by unknown source.
- By visiting illegal, hacked or malicious websites.
- By clicking links on unknown online advertising or, following links on web pages.
- By using infected media (pen drive, memory card, USB drive, Flash memory, etc) on your PC.
- By sharing files on an unsafe peer to peer network.
Preventive Measures to Protect PC From Other:Malware-gen [Trj] Trojan virus
If you care about some preventive measure then it help to keep your PC intact from malware attack you should always use updated OS and other software applications, firewall activated
- Regularly update backup
- Use only secure Internet connection or wireless network
- Use privacy settings of web browsers
- Always put pop-up blocker enable
- Don’t open suspicious Spam emails
- Don’t share personal information on dubious websites
- Don’t click or open links on pop-ups, banners or other misleading adverts.
Source : http://www.opverwijderenspyware.com